Question: Will A UV Light Kill Mold?

Ultraviolet (UV) Light is a proven technology that has been killing mold, fungus, bacteria, and viruses since the beginning of time.

Ultraviolet light can kill mold in air and on surfaces.

It’s effective at treating the mold you know about, and can help kill mold, including airborne spores that you can’t see.

How long does it take for UV light to kill mold?

UV lights.

The amount of exposure time required to destroy the mold varies greatly for the different types of mold. Some molds are destroyed after a few seconds — others require 8,000 seconds or more. The air traveling in an air duct is moving at a minimum of 100 feet per minute.

Does a UV light kill mold spores?

Unfortunately, not all mold spores will be eliminated by surface cleaning. In these cases, ultra-violet (UV) lamps are effective in killing mold and mold spores. UV-C lamps have been used in hospitals for years in order to kill and control germs and mold, according to American Air and Water. Purchase a UV lamp.

Can UV light detect mold?

Spotting Mold

Once you have identified the areas with a high level of humidity, it is time to carry the ultraviolet light to the rooms or areas. Shine the blacklight directly over the walls, fabrics, or wooden fixtures, and look closely for signs of a green-yellow glow.