Spiders don’t like the smell of citrus fruits like lemon, nor eucalyptus, tea tree and peppermint oils.
Try rubbing lemon peel around windows and doors, or spray the other scents around them.
What can you use to keep spiders away?
To keep spiders out of your house using natural remedies, spray cracks and crevices in your floors, walls, and windows with a 1:1 vinegar-and-water solution. You can also try a mixture of 15-20 drops of an essential oil, like peppermint, tea tree, or cinnamon, with 3 to 5 cups of water.
How do you keep spiders out of the house?
We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.
- Keep your home clean.
- Seal your home.
- Remove plants and debris from the side of your house.
- Keep your outdoors lights off.
- Spray corners and cracks with pesticide.
- Spray your house down with peppermint, tea-tree, citrus or eucalyptus oil.
What plants keep spiders away?
6 Amazing House Plants that Repel Spiders
- 1 – Peppermint. The crisp and unmistakable scent of peppermint is an excellent insect deterrent, and can be very effective in discouraging spiders from taking up residence.
- 2 – Basil. Another plant that you can add to that sunny window is basil.
- 3 – Lavender.
- 4 – Citronella.
- 5 – Lemon Balm.
- 6 – Chrysanthemum.