- What should you do if another driver is threatening you or intentionally driving dangerously around you?
- What happens to the force of impact when you double your speed?
- Why is texting one of the most dangerous distracted driving behavior?
- What are bumper height requirements are they the same for every vehicle?
- When you back your vehicle you should?
- How many braking systems must a car have?
- How does force affect speed?
- What are the steps for making a smooth stop?
- What is impact time?
Before you start your engine:
- Make sure all windows are clean.
- Adjust the seat so you can reach all controls.
- Adjust the inside and outside rearview mirrors.
- Lock all car doors.
- Put on your safety belts.
- Make sure your car is in park or neutral gear before starting the engine.
What should you do if another driver is threatening you or intentionally driving dangerously around you?
If another driver is threatening you or intentionally driving dangerously around you, remain calm and try to put as much distance between you and them as possible. Slow down and let them pass. Do not make eye contact; do not make obscene gestures.
What happens to the force of impact when you double your speed?
Force of impact is the force generated when objects meet. The faster you drive, the greater the impact or striking power of your vehicle. So, if you double the speed of a car, you increase its force of impact four times.
Why is texting one of the most dangerous distracted driving behavior?
Texting is one of the most dangerous types of distracted driving because it combines visual, manual and cognitive distraction. When drivers in Kentucky get behind the wheel of a car, many make the decision to pull out their cellphone and text, which is an action that endangers and injures thousands on a daily basis.
What are bumper height requirements are they the same for every vehicle?
The top of the bumper measured from the ground must be at least 14 inches high. The bottom of the bumper measured from the ground must be no more than 22 inches high.
When you back your vehicle you should?
- To back up, turn to your right so you can see through the back window. Turn your head and body to the right until you can see clearly through the back window.
- Always go slowly, watching carefully in all directions.
- To steer the car in reverse, turn the wheel in the direction you want the rear of the car to go.
How many braking systems must a car have?
two braking systems
How does force affect speed?
The action from a force can cause an object to move or speed up (accelerate), to slow down (decelerate), to stop, or to change direction. Since any change in velocity is considered acceleration, it can be said that a force on an object results in the acceleration of an object.
What are the steps for making a smooth stop?
Rest most of the weight of the foot on the floor while pivoting it forward to apply light pressure to the brake pedal. Gradually increase pressure until the car is nearly to a complete stop. Ease off the brake pedal slightly before coming to a complete stop to keep the vehicle from bouncing back too hard.
What is impact time?
In mechanics, an impact is a high force or shock applied over a short time period when two or more bodies collide. Such a force or acceleration usually has a greater effect than a lower force applied over a proportionally longer period. Resilient materials will have better impact resistance.