- What is the least common phobia in the world?
- What is the #1 phobia?
- What is the strangest fear?
- What is Feretrophobia?
- What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- What is the fear of math called?
- What is the fear of death called?
- How common is Trypophobia?
- Does everyone have Trypophobia?
- Do phobias get worse with age?
- What is the fear of falling in love called?
- What is the fear of everything?
Some may fear one type of cheese while others may fear cheese altogether.
- 3) Somniphobia- fear of falling asleep.
- 4) Coulrophobia – fear of clowns.
- 5) Hylophobia- fear of trees.
- 6) Omphalophobia- fear of the navel.
- 7) Nomophobia- fear of being without mobile phone coverage.
- 8) Ombrophobia- fear of rain.
6 Sep 2013
What is the least common phobia in the world?
Let’s shoot over to the other end of the spectrum and look at the top 10 least common phobias.
- Alektorophobia: The fear of chickens.
- Metrophobia: The fear of poetry or rhyming verse.
- Ephebiphobia: The fear of youths.
- Ergasiophobia: The fear of work.
- Optophobia: The fear of opening one’s eyes.
- Neophobia: The fear of newness.
What is the #1 phobia?
1. Arachnophobia. Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders and other arachnids such as scorpions. It is one of the most common phobias.15 Jan 2018
What is the strangest fear?
Here are some of the strangest phobias one can have
- 1/6. Ergophobia. It is the fear of work or the workplace.
- 2/6. Somniphobia. Also known as hypnophobia, it is the fear of falling asleep.
- 3/6. Chaetophobia.
- 4/6. Oikophobia.
- 5/6. Panphobia.
- 6/6. Ablutophobia.
27 May 2018
What is Feretrophobia?
Feretrophobia is one such gruesome fear. You may have seen it on American Horror Story: Cult if you watch, but feretrophobia is the fear of caskets, coffins, and being buried alive.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. the fear or anxiety is disproportionate to the social situation.12 Sep 2017
What is the fear of math called?
Arithmophobia: Arithmophobia means to the fear of numbers generally, but can also refer to the fear of math, numerals, certain numbers, calculations, and/or calculus. Bathophobia: This obscure phobia refers to the fear of depth. Cainophobia: Sometimes called cainotophobia, this is the fear of anything new.7 Jan 2010
What is the fear of death called?
Death anxiety (psychology) Also referred to as thanatophobia (fear of death), death anxiety is distinguished from necrophobia, which is a specific fear of dead or dying people and/or things (i.e., fear of others who are dead or dying, not of one’s own death or dying).
How common is Trypophobia?
Research on trypophobia is still relatively rare, but some of the trigger objects that have been observed include: Honeycombs. Strawberries. Lotus seed pods.2 Aug 2019
Does everyone have Trypophobia?
Trypophobia isn’t a clinically diagnosed phobia. You won’t find any mention of it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, but its pervasiveness, particularly online, is undeniable. Unlike other notable phobias, trypophobia is relatively new, at least in the English lexicon.10 Jun 2016
Do phobias get worse with age?
“Generally, phobias will probably improve with age, but if your phobia has anything to do with being vulnerable, such as heights or big crowds, it will probably get worse.” Professor Gournay has noticed that health phobias – excessive worrying about becoming ill – are much more common in younger people.5 Apr 2016
What is the fear of falling in love called?
What is the fear of everything?
Panophobia or the fear of everything phobia might sound bizarre, but it does exist in the list of non-specific phobias. It is known by other names like Omniphobia or Pantophobia. Panto stands for ‘all or everything’ in the Greek language. The word ‘Panophobia’ also might have originated from The Greek God Pan.