Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.
These foods are very easy to digest which makes them perfect for snacking before bed.
Bananas in particular help you fall asleep since they are filled with potassium and magnesium, and these both double-up as natural muscle relaxants.
Can eating before bed cause acid reflux?
In chronic heartburn, stomach acid slips into the esophagus, and that’s more likely when lying in bed shortly after a meal, when gravity is not helping to keep digestive juices in the stomach. Eating more than three to four hours before bed reduces the risk of nighttime heartburn.
What foods help acid reflux go away?
5 Top Foods to Stave Off Acid Reflux Symptoms
- Bananas. This low-acid fruit can help those with acid reflux by coating an irritated esophageal lining and thereby helping to combat discomfort.
- Melons. Like bananas, melons also are a highly alkaline fruit.
- Green Vegetables.
How do I stop acid reflux before bed?
How to deal with acid reflux at night
- Stop eating and drinking three hours before bed.
- 2. Make lunch your biggest meal of the day.
- Avoid trigger foods and drinks.
- Wear loose pajamas.
- Elevate your head in bed.
- Sleep on your left side.
- Visit your doc.
Is acid reflux worse on an empty stomach?
Eat smaller meals and reduce your fat intake to curtail indigestion and keep your LES working as it should. Reflux and nausea can occur when your stomach is too empty, so try to eat smaller and more frequent meals. Stop smoking. Nicotine products can weaken your LES, increasing your symptoms.