Prevent Skin Damage Before It Starts
- Use a cream cleanser. Select one that’s not overly drying or harsh.
- Follow with a moisturizer containing sunblock during the day. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends daily use of a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.
- At night, apply an anti-aging product.
How can we protect our skin naturally?
1. Protect yourself from the sun
- Use sunscreen. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
- Seek shade. Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Wear protective clothing. Cover your skin with tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants and wide-brimmed hats.
What does the body do to prevent sun damage to the skin?
Melanin protects skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, which can burn the skin, and over time, could reduce its elasticity and cause a person to age prematurely. UV rays penetrate the outer skin layers and pass into the deeper layers, where they can damage or kill skin cells.10 May 2019
How can you prevent skin aging?
11 ways to reduce premature skin aging
- Protect your skin from the sun every day.
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Exercise most days of the week.
- Cleanse your skin gently.