10 Tips to Limit Your Cell Phone Radiation Exposure
- Avoid Body Contact.
- Text More.
- Use Speaker Mode or a Wired Headset.
- Shorter Calls.
- Limit Kids Cell Phone Use Time.
- Switch Sides of Head When Talking.
- Avoid Use When Low Signal.
- Wait For Call Connection.
How can I protect myself from cell phone radiation?
How-To Protect Yourself From Cell Phone Radiation
- Use airplane mode as often as possible.
- Do not sleep with your cell phone near you.
- Keep the phone away from your body.
- Keep the phone away from your head.
- Avoid products that claim to block radio frequency energy.
- Reduce cell phone use when the signal is weak.
- Remove your headsets when not on a call.
Do cell phones emit harmful radiation?
Why is there concern that cell phones may cause cancer or other health problems? Cell phones emit radiofrequency radiation (radio waves), a form of non-ionizing radiation, from their antennas. Parts of the body nearest to the antenna can absorb this energy. The number of cell phone users has increased rapidly.
How far should your cell phone be from your body?
While talking on your cell phone, try to keep the cell phone away from your body as much as possible. The amplitude of the electromagnetic field (radiation) is one fourth the strength at a distance of two inches and fifty times lower at three feet.
How can we reduce radiation?
Use Time Distance and Shielding to Protect Yourself.
Putting distance and shielding between you and a radiation source is an immediately effective way of reducing your exposure. Reducing the time you are being exposed is another way. Use a Respirator or Face Mask if You are exposed to airborne sources.
Photo in the article by “News and Blogs | NASA/JPL Edu”